When chimney fires break out at the Irish chimney company: A ‘horrific’ experience

An incident last month when a gas fireplace chimnet at the French gas company Suez ignited a blaze that destroyed one of its chimneys has left the Irish gas company, Chimney Flue, with the unfortunate experience of having to evacuate a third of its employees, according to a new report.

The incident occurred on April 30 and saw an explosion in the roof of one of the company’s chimneys at the O’Donnell’s estate in Dublin.

The fire then spread to a second chimney which caught fire and then the third chimney.

Suez’s fire chief, Jean-Francois Cusan, has since been sacked.

He said that when the fire broke out the fire safety committee was contacted and a fire engine arrived and went out to the chimney fire, which was being extinguished, in order to make sure the building was safe.

However, when the engine arrived, the fire brigade did not arrive.

Mr Cusangos said he thought it was the fire crews fault as the chimneys were being extinguished that morning.

In a statement Chimney Fire said that a second alarm was given and it immediately informed the management company.

“The management company immediately notified the relevant authorities and the fire department and the chiming company was immediately placed under the direct control of the fire brigades,” the statement said.

“In this case, we were notified by Suez.”

Chimney Flouues response is to be seen as very professional, with a fire brigade arriving within 20 minutes of the first alarm.

“Chimneys at French gas giant Suez are seen on display in Paris, France, on September 25, 2017.

Sébastien Perennier/ReutersA spokesperson for Suez said: “The chimney service is under our management and the safety of the chimnelling workforce is of paramount importance.

At this stage, it would not be appropriate to comment further.

“The incident comes as the Irish government prepares to launch its own investigation into the chimthing company.